Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Lissie Arrived!

  1. #11
    Inactive Member wrxgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    876
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    http://www.pbase.com/wrx_gal/inbox

    Well, I placed her in some Sam clothes for the time being while I clean hers up... she doesnt look to shabby, does she? [img]smile.gif[/img]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member luanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2005
    Posts
    92
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I can't find the link, but recently put a few ladies through 'the wringer' (washing machine)

    1. Untie the laces at the back of the head, and remove it. Don't worry, you just put it back on later and retie the strings, not difficult, no trick to it.
    2.I used a baby nipple in place of the head, and tightened the strings around it. Tying it 2 times, then a bow.
    3. I put them each in a garment bag, then into a pillowcase, separately, tying the pillowcase into a knot.
    4. delicate cycle on cold, as not to shrink the fabric.
    5. Then you let them air dry, upside down, so when they dry, and drip, it drips out the head, not down the legs.
    6. a little over 24 hours, they got their heads back on, and new clothes.

    Note: AG says not to bathe the dolls because of their eyes. One should avoid getting the eyes wet at all costs.
    2. The filling is pure polyester, so no shrinking there. There is alot in each doll, do it does take awhile to dry.
    3. If you don't have a garment bag, I would use 2 pillowcases.

    Good luck!

  3. #13
    Inactive Member wrxgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    876
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the advice! [img]smile.gif[/img] I think I would rather buy a fixer - upper toll to practice on before I start taking my Lissie apart..... that way atleast I will know what Im doing the second time around... I think I will look on ebay for one that needs some TLC [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #14
    Evette
    Guest Evette's Avatar

    Wink

    She is very pretty! I love her shinny gorgeous red hair! You have a real beauty there!

  5. #15
    Inactive Member wrxgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    876
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks! [img]smile.gif[/img] I wish I could take an actual pix of what her real color looks like... its like a strawberry blonde.... but I have no new felicitys to compare her to so I cant really say how red her hair really is compared to the new dolls... she would be even more beautiful if she didnt smell! [img]smile.gif[/img] Oh well.... I should just be happy I have her, right? [img]smile.gif[/img]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member josephhswife's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    187
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was going to sew a whole new body for a doll, but I like the idea of washing her better. I'll have to try this on a non-AG doll first.

    Thanks for all the tips.

    LOL about putting the girls through the wringer!

  7. #17
    Inactive Member wrxgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    876
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I had an old old white bodied Kirsten that I wish I still had.... she was a mess, ratted hair, and dirty body, but when I was little my mom threw her away!!!! [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] She probably thought at the time that there was no hope for her, however she would have been a great doll to try and restore! [img]frown.gif[/img] Oh well....

  8. #18
    Inactive Member caroloto's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2004
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Maybe you should send her to the AG Wellness Hospital.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOVE her red hair!!! congrats!!! she is lovely!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •